USA College of Nursing Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The College of Nursing fosters an environment that is inclusive and welcoming to ensure faculty and students with diverse characteristics thrive.
The College of Nursing defines diversity as a broad range of individual, population, and social characteristics that distinguish each person. These qualities include key attributes such as race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities/qualities, as well as attributes that result from a lifetime of experiences such as cultural background, education, geographic location, marital status, religion, work experiences, socioeconomic status, and military service.
- Foster diversity among faculty and student body at the College of Nursing.
- Implement new programs, to the extent practical, and support and nurture programs currently in place to assist diverse student populations to succeed in undergraduate/graduate programs.
- Promote an environment where each student is respected and experiences a sense of belonging and the ability to make unique contributions in the classroom.
- Create a milieu of student acceptance that supports and promotes academic persistence and success that is responsive to cultural needs.
Dr. Christina Baughn
Dr. Ashleigh Bowman
Dr. Nerkissa Curtis
Dr. Carolyn Dolan
Dr. Misty Guy
Dr. James Harris
Dr. Pam Johnson
Dr. Kimberly Jordan
Dr. Kristina Miller
Dr. Jo Ann Otts
Dr. Terrie Platt
Dr. Lee Ridner
Dr. Candice Selwyn
Dr. Shanda Scott
Dr. Kelly Stauter
Dr. Christina Thompson
Ms. Kimberly Tucker
Ms. Sylvia Waweru
- USA Office of Diversity and Inclusion Resources
- USA Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Groups: Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Student Outreach Services
- Division of Student Affairs
- Center for Educational Accessibility & Disability Resources
- The Safe Zone for Students
- Indian Student Association
- Black Student Union
- Global USA
- College of Nursing Mission, Vision, and Goals
- USA Office of Scholarship Services
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Diversity and Inclusion
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners Diversity and Inclusion
- National League of Nursing: Diversity
- GLMA Nursing -Nursing Advancing LGTQ Health Equality
- AAPINA | Asian American Pacific Islander Nurses Association
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses.
- American Association for Men in Nursing
- National Student Nurses Association
- Alabama State Nurses Association
A multitude of links to national and international nursing organizations can be found in the nursing website Nurse.org.