Nursing Recruitment and Education to Expand Access to Culturally Aligned Healthcare (REEACH)
Nursing REEACH (Nursing Recruitment and Education to Expand Access to Culturally-aligned Healthcare) offers recruitment and training opportunities to a diverse nursing workforce capable of providing culturally-aligned care in rural and underserved communities by expanding nurse-led interprofessional teams.
- Expand nurse-led mobile health units (MHUs) to improve health equity in rural and underserved communities;
- Expand nursing workforce capable of leading interprofessional teams to address and manage social determinants of health (SDOH) by creating longitudinal experiential training experiences for nursing students on MHUs;
- Enhance didactic curricula on culturally competent care, addressing SDOH while developing skills in leadership, communication, and critical thinking incorporating technological solutions including online education and Project ECHO® telementoring;
- Strengthen community-based learning collaboration between university expertise and community partners and mentor nursing students to implement evidence-based quality improvement in rural and underserved communities;
- Implement a system to recruit and support nursing students and faculty from diverse populations including those from disadvantaged backgrounds and underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities to increase the diversity of the nursing workforce.
REEACH is designed to provide longitudinal experiential training experiences for RN-to-BSN and APRN students in rural and underserved communities.
Nurse-led MHUs will provide nursing students hands-on experience with a high volume of rural and medically underserved patients with complex medical, mental health and social service needs. The project will provide resources and interdisciplinary care protocols to meet the complex patient needs.
For more information on how you can apply for this opportunity contact the program coordinator. email@example.com
Social Media Links
For more information visit the USA College of Nursing web pages on ECHO® and specifically the REEACH ECHO®.
The Nursing REEACH program is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling approximately $3.6 million with zero percentage financed by nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official view of nor an endorsement of HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. government.