Managing an Award
- Review Roles and Responsibilities.
- Fill out the rebudget request form and review rebudgeting procedures.
- Review procedures for Prior Approval Request.
- Learn about the PI transfer process.
- Use the Preliminary Fund Request feature in Cayuse to request a Preliminary Account.
- Acknowledging federal funding
Setting up subrecipient agreements
- Read through the subaward procedures.
- Review the checklist to determine Subrecipient or Contractor.
- Fill out the Agreement/Modification form.
- Check out the subrecipient monitoring policy.
- Reach out to SPA for assistance.
- Find the forms you will need after receiving an award.
Working with humans, animals, and hazardous materials
- Conduct research with human subjects/Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Conduct research with animal subjects/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Work with hazardous biological materials/Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC).
- Use radioactive materials or radiation-producing devices contact the Office of Radiation Safety.
- Check out lab safety and other training with the Office of Safety & Environmental Compliance.
Conducting your research responsibly
- Find agency required training on Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Find information about conflicts of interest, and read up on conflicts of interest policies.
- Limit the transfer of sensitive information, materials, and services: Information and guidelines on export control.
Concerns about research misconduct?
- Please contact the Office of Research Compliance and Assurance.
Protecting intellectual property & commercializing your research
- Reach out to the University of South Alabama’s Office of Commercialization and Industry Collaboration (OCIC).
Closing out an award
- Instruction and forms for closing a study with human subjects, animals or biohazards can be found by logging in to IRBnet.
- Review, monitor, and close out sponsored program accounts.
- Search the policies and guidelines surrounding project closeout at the University of South Alabama.