Postdoctoral Affairs in the College of Medicine is overseen by the Office of Research Education and Training (ORET). ORET thrives to provide support in all areas of postdoctoral affairs in the College of Medicine by:
- offering administrative support to faculty and departments when hiring a new postdoctoral fellow;
- coordinating the onboarding process to make the transition smoother both for fellows and departments;
- supplementing the laboratory training with career and professional development opportunities;
- and supporting postdoctoral fellows to improve their experience by fostering a sense of community.
Resources for Fellows
- USA Office of Postdoctoral Education
- AHA Postdoctoral Grant
- NIH Funding Opportunities
- Non-NIH Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities (includes international grants and fellowships)
If you have any questions about postdoctoral affairs in the Whiddon College of Medicine or any of its facilities, please contact Dr. Robert Barrington.
Information on Hiring a Postdoctoral Fellow for Faculty/Departments
- COM/MCI Postdoctoral Fellow Request Form [Fillable PDF]
- Postdoctoral Appointment Form [PDF]
- Offer Letter Template [Word Document]
- Background Check Form [PDF]
- Office of Immigration
If you have any questions about hiring a postdoctoral fellow, please contact Dr. Robert Barrington.