Studios may be reserved any time that Campus Recreation and Wellness programs are
not occurring in the rooms. Only current USA students or Registered Student Organizations,
university departments, and SRC members may reserve the studios.
Information on free studio reservations:
- Individual members may reserve Fitness Studio 2 for their own workouts/practices.
No equipment is included and there is no charge. Reserve your hour on the Campus Recreation Portal.
Large groups (i.e., departments and RSOs) that want to use a studio or individuals
who want to use the equipment should fill out the reservation application at least one week prior to the date/time requested. Your reservation is not complete
until you receive confirmation.
A stereo and auxiliary cord are available and may be used. No fitness equipment is
to be used unless the fee has been paid.
- Only water and drinks in a re-sealable sports bottle are allowed. No food is allowed in the studios. Please throw away all trash and remove personal belongings.
- Only non-marking court shoes are allowed.
- Do not put tape or adhesives on the wood floors.
- Campus Recreation and Wellness may cancel a member’s free reservation any time for
a Campus Recreation and Wellness event or academic program. Members will be notified
via email; please make sure your email address is up-to-date in the Campus Recreation
Information on studio + equipment rentals:
- Studio 1 (Room 303) plus the SouthFit equipment are available to rent for a fee. Price
includes microphone, stereo, steps, risers, exercise balls, resistance bands, jump
ropes, dumbbells, BOSUs, TRX suspension trainers, mats, kettlebells, yoga mats and
props, Spinning bikes, and more. This rental requires all participants be age 10+
and dependent hours apply. The cost is $25/hour for USA Registered Student Organizations
or departments with USA participants ONLY. The cost is $75/hour for USA Registered
Student Organizations or departments with non-USA participants.
- Fill out the reservation application at least one week prior to the date/time you want. Your reservation is not complete
until you receive confirmation and an invoice to pay. Payment must be received in
- SouthFit can also provide a private group fitness class for your group. Choose from
any of our current class types. Cost is $45 for up to one hour and includes the instructor and all equipment. To
set up a private class, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Private classes must be paid for in advance. We do not accept departmental funds
transfers for private fitness classes.
- Conducting unapproved group fitness classes without the consent of Campus Recreation
and Wellness is prohibited. All outside, approved group fitness instructors that are
associated with a group's private rental must submit a current Certificate of Insurance
with the University of South Alabama listed as additional insured.