Educating leaders to build safer communities.
A college degree can open doors to higher pay and other forms of career advancement. However, finding the time to attend classes can be difficult for many professionals due to work and other commitments. The University of South Alabama now offers a fully online option to earn a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice to better serve those who need flexibility.
The criminal justice degree program at South provides broad exposure to the core aspects of the criminal justice system, including law enforcement, courts and corrections. Courses are led by award-winning faculty members in the Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice who have been recognized for their teaching, advising, service and research.
Advance your career with an online degree in criminal justice.
“When most people think of criminal justice, they probably think of policing, but it’s more than that.”
Career Opportunities in Criminal Justice
- Federal, state or local law enforcement
- Private security
- Trial coordinator
- Law clerk
- Probation officer
- Parole officer
- Correctional officer
- Victim advocate
- And more…
With additional graduate coursework, careers in criminal justice could include criminologist, criminal profiler, prosecutor or defense attorney.
Affordable. Flexible. Credible.
The online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice is designed for new undergraduate students, as well as students who are entering college later in life or have some undergraduate coursework and want to complete their degree. Criminal justice majors can choose to take courses on South’s main campus, at the Baldwin County campus or fully online.
- Flexible, online degree
- Personalized support and guidance
- Ability to maximize transfer credits
- High-quality instruction
Students in the online program have access to the same high-quality instruction and individualized advising as students who attend classes in person. Enrollment in online courses is capped lower than in-person offerings to promote active engagement between students and instructors.
Support Every Step of the Way
Dr. Jaclyn Bunch
Acting Chair, Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice
Director, Adult Learner Services
Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice online still have access to:
- Unique internship opportunities.
- University and program scholarships.
- Faculty-mentored research.
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society membership.
- Individualized support from application to graduation with the USA Office of Adult Learner Services.
- Tutoring at the USA Center for Academic Excellence.
- Library services at the USA Libraries.
- Career support at the USA Career Development Center.
- Veteran services at USA Veteran Affairs.
- Alumni connections through the USA National Alumni Association.
- Confidential, free counseling and crisis intervention services at the University Counseling and Wellness Center.
- Assistance with accommodations due to a disability with the USA Center for Educational Accessibility and Disability.
- And numerous other Student Services and organizations.
The University of South Alabama is proud to offer the Heroes Scholarship for our true heroes, the people on the front lines protecting our nation and also our safety and security at home.
Students can contact the Office of Admission, firstname.lastname@example.org and (251) 460-6251, to learn more about this opportunity. Students will complete a separate application in JagSPOT after they receive their admission decision. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA to remain eligible for Heroes funding.