Departmental Committee Assignments 2022-23
Advisory: Lewis (3), E. Pavelescu (2), (Spring Replacement: Clontz), Mishra (1)
- With input from faculty, lead the task of developing long-term goals for the department that are in line with the university and college goals.
- Annual objectives for the department.
- Hiring strategy to fill vacant positions.
- Update department By-laws.
Assessment: LIOI, Lewis, Whiston, Brick
- Prepare and submit the assessment plan for 2022-23 by the end of September (including DS).
- Discuss results and plans with the department.
- Coordinate and compile assessment results from core courses.
- Compile and analyze pretest and posttest results (where appropriate)
Colloquium: FELDVOSS, Wilbert, Atutey
- Manage department colloquiums and seminars.
- Organize Mishra Memorial Lectures.
- Maintain colloquia/seminar information on the department website. Advertise them.
Computer: PRAMANIK, Darby, A. Pavelescu
- Manage software licenses for the department
- Oversee requirements of computer labs.
- Develop a plan to update technology in classrooms.
- Make recommendations about technology needed for teaching and research.
- Manage the department webpage and facebook account.
Curriculum: DASINGER, Prokhorov, Abeynanda, Whiston
- Examine current curriculum. Identify ways to make the major more attractive and our graduates more marketable.
- Work with Assessment Committee on determining the means of assessing coverage of sufficient applications in Calculus and DE sequence and reporting of it.
- Update all course syllabi on web.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee: BINDELE, Khair, Clontz, Chilukuri
Graduate: LEWIS, Bindele, DiPasquale, Feldvoss
- Develop a proposal for expanding graduate program by increasing the number of Graduate students in the program and the number of course offerings.
- Coordinate efforts for recruiting more Graduate students.
- Coordinate efforts for obtaining more funding to support the graduate program.
- Collect information about potential employers for math/stat graduates and what they expect from these students.
- Track our past graduate students (for SACS report)
Library: ATUTEY, Furno
- Oversee development of Library holdings.
Outreach: CLONTZ, Furno, Waites, Adams
- Liaison with Bishop, MCPSS, and peer departments regarding coverage and presentation of mathematics courses.
- Coordinate departmental recruiting efforts in the local high schools and regional universities in association with Student Affairs Committee.
- Develop polices for more faculty involvement in newly developed Academies in MCPSS high schools.
Scholarship: STRAUB, Brick, Mishra, Wilbert
- Coordinate selection procedures with Student Affairs Committee and recommend students for departmental Scholarships/Awards.
- Oversee Nash competition.
- Identify and encourage students to apply for different scholarships. Help Students with the application process.
- Maintain online scholarship records and update requirements.
Social: WATTIER, Chilukuri, Khair, Pereira De Andrade
- Organize holiday party, end-of-year picnic, and other social events in the department as needed.
Student Affairs: A. PAVELESCU, Adams, Colarusso, Farmer (student rep: ****)
- Identify ways to attract more majors.
- Revive USA Chapter of Math Honor Society
- Organize departmental representation and display at the “USA Day”
- Organize activities for Mathematics Awareness Month (April)
- Host State Math Contest in Mobile.
Dept. Promotion and Reappointment Committee Chair: Prokhorov
- Adams: DASINGER, Feldvoss, Prokhorov
- Abeynanda: BRICK, Colarusso, E. Pavelescu
- Adams: DASINGER, Feldvoss, Prokhorov
- Atutey: MISHRA, Bindele, Straub
- Chilukuri:FARMER, Byrne, Darby
- Darby: A. PAVELESCU, Byrne, Clontz
- DiPasquale: STRAUB, Colarusso, A. Pavelescu,
- Furno: CLONTZ, Byrne, Straub
- Lioi: BINDELE, Brick, Feldvoss
- Pereira De Andrade: WATTIER, Farmer, Feldvoss
- Pramanik: BINDELE, Feldvoss, Mishra
- Waites: MISHRA, Brick, Darby
- Wilbert: COLARUSSO, Feldvoss, A. Pavelescu
- MA110: Dasinger
- MTH100: Whiston
- MA112: Farmer
- MA113: Waites
- MA120: Adams
- MA125, MA126, MA227: Byrne
- ST210: Waites