- B.S., Northern Michigan University
- M.A., University of West Florida
- Ph.D., McGill University
Ibn Kathīr and the Transformation of the Islamic Intellectual Tradition (manuscript in preparation).
Muḥammad and the Supernatural: Medieval Arab Views. London and New York: Routledge, 2013. Paperback edition, 2015.
Articles and Chapters
“Compilation of the Qur’an under the Caliph ʿUthman,” “Constitution of Medina,” “The Establishment of the Caliphate,” and “Muhammad and the Foundation of Islam” in Great Events in Religion: An Encyclopedia of Religious Events in History. Ed. Florin Curta and Andrew Holt. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO. (2016)
“Tabari,” Oxford Bibliographies Online – Islamic Studies. Editor-in-chief, Andrew Rippin. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
“Miracles (Medieval),” “Modern biography (English),” and “Jinn” in Muhammad in History, Thought, and Culture: An Encyclopedia of the Prophet of God. Ed. Coeli Fitzpatrick and Adam Walker. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 2014.
“Ibn Kathīr.” The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World. John L. Esposito, editor-in-chief. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- HY 101 History of Western Civilization I
- HY 364 History of Islamic Civilization to 1453
- HY 365 History of Islamic Civilization from 1453
- HY 465/565 Orientalism
- HY 465/565 Myth, Magic, and Miracle in Early Islam
- HY 465/565 The Crusades from the Other Side
- HY465/HY565 Gender and Sexuality in Islam
- HY 564 Classical and Medieval Islamic History
- GS 490 Women in Islam