This degree combines the International Studies core and language study with intensive study in history, geography, philosophy and political science, preparing students for work in the field of healthcare, whether as a provider, policy maker, or administrator. Students are ready to continue to graduate or professional programs, as well as pursue positions in non-governmental organizations, healthcare corporations, government agencies, community clinics and more.
Requirements for the Global Health Concentration:
- Four semesters of any foreign language
- Geography 417 Health and Place
- Philosophy 333 Biomedical Ethics
- Educational Foundations 310 International Development and Education
- 9 credit hours of global health electives