This page is dedicated to compiling academic accomplishments of ILC staff and graduate assistants. The page will be updated periodically, as new presentations, publications, and other academic accomplishments are achieved.
- Dr. S. Raj Chaudhury, Dr. Lisa LaCross, and Dr. David S. Williams | The Robert J. Menges Award for Outstanding Research in Educational Development
- Abritty Abdullah | 2021 Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award
- B. Browning, J. Fetner, P. Moore, Y.L. Ortiz and S. Zha, "An Examination of Pre-Service
Teachers’ Interpersonal Dispositions in the Readiness Assurance Stage of Team-Based
Learning". Action in Teacher Education, 43(1), 4-19 (2021).
- Y. Lagos, M. Loo, N. Volkovetska-Ireland and P.J. Ward, "Building Academic Capacity
with Cultural Relevance: A Cross-Case Analysis of Transnational Partnerships." Practice of Educational Communications and Technology, 2(1), 399–403 (2019).
- M. Loo and P.J. Ward, "Not 'One China,' not 'One Culture': Multicultural Exploration
of Differences and Similarities Between Mainland China and Taiwan. ECTESOL Review 2(1), 6-10 (2019).
- E. Vandegrift, A. Mulnix, J. Yates and S. Raj Chaudhury, “A Different Kind of Workshop:
Collaborative Design in Educational Development”, To Improve the Academy: A Journal of Educational Development, Vol. 37, Issue 2, 2018, Wiley Periodicals.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, Sarah Canatsey and Phillip J. Ward, “A perspective on Interactive
Lecture Demonstrations as a computer supported collaborative learning (CSCL) activity”,
Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 1287, No. 1 (2018).
- “Learning to Learn Engineering”, T. Utschig, D. Apple, S. Beyerlein, S. Raj Chaudhury,
J. Morgan, W. Scheller, D. Litynski, V. Cox, M. El-Sayed, D. Leasure, 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE) - Full Paper. San Jose.
- A. Mulnix, S. Raj Chaudhury and E. Vandergrift, “How Important Is Achieving Equity in Undergraduate STEM Education to You?” Journal of College Science Teaching, Vol. 45, No. 4, 2016 pp. 8-10.
- LaCross, L., Williams, D.S., Chaudhury, S.R. (2021, November 12). Tracking the Transfer of Research-Based Instructional Social Presence Practices via Faculty and Student Voice. [Poster presentation]. POD 2021 Conference, virtual.
- Chaudhury, S. Raj, Spencer, Patricia, LaCross, Lisa, and David S. Williams. Exploring
Student Perceptions of Remote Instruction Using a New Learning Management System During
a Pandemic, Learning Analytics Summit, Indiana University, Virtual, May 14, 2021.
- LaCross, Lisa, and Williams, David. Faculty Self-Efficacy in Implementing Social Presence
Practices in Online Learning Environments. Pandemic Pedagogy Research Symposium, Duke University, Virtual, May 2021. Honorarium Awarded
- Williams, David, and LaCross, Lisa. Using learning objects to build faculty confidence
and foster social presence in remote learning environments. Southern Regional Faculty & Instructional Development Consortium, Virtual, March 2021.
- Chaudhury, S. Raj, Jefferson, K., and Amankwatia, T., “Incorporating Institution wide
quality online course enhancements across all modalities to meet the current demands
in higher education”, Concurrent session presentation at OLC Accelerate, 2021, Washington D.C.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Learning Science and the Science of Learning”, seminar at College
of Idaho, Caldwell, ID, October 2021.
- Lagos, Yolany, Loo, Michelle, and Ward, Phillip J. "Improving the International Student
Experiences Through a Pre-Arrival Course. " Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), Virtual, November 2020.
- Williams, D. S. and S. Raj Chaudhury, “SGIF Online Edition: Capturing the Voice of
Online Learners”, workshop presented at POD Network Conference, 2019, Pittsburgh, PA.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Renewed Attention for Interactive Lecture Demonstrations: scripts
and orchestration graphs”, contributed talk presented at American Association of Physics Teachers, 2019 Summer Meeting, Provo, Utah.
- Wise, A. and S. Raj Chaudhury, “Cross Disciplinary Strategies for Engaging Broader
Audiences in Science Advocacy”, contributed talk at American Association of Physics Teachers, 2019 Summer Meeting, Provo, Utah.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Piecing Together the Online Program Management Puzzle: Buy, Build,
or Both?” Panelist at Eduventures Summit, Howard Lurie (Organizer), June 2019.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Multiple Representations for STEM disciplines: Lessons from the
Learning Sciences”, seminar at Creighton University, Omaha, NE. 2019.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Learning Science and the Science of Learning”, seminar at Air Force
Institute of Technology, Dayton, OH, 2019.
- Mulnix, A., Vandegrift, E., Yates, J. and S. Raj Chaudhury, “Leading Institutional
Initiatives From the Middle: Unrecognized Role”. Workshop presented at POD Network Conference, 2018, Portland, OR.
- Robinson, J., Friberg, J., and S. Raj Chaudhury, “Transforming Teaching and Learning
through Advocacy and Outreach”, 2nd EuroSOTL Conference, Lund, Sweden. 2017
- Mattson, S. and S. Raj Chaudhury, “Institutional Transformation through SoTL: Initial
Steps at South Alabama”, 2nd EuroSOTL Conference, Lund, Sweden. 2017.
- S. Raj Chaudhury, “Professional Development in Teaching and Soccer Refereeing: Parallels and Contrasts”, paper presented at 2nd EuroSOTL Conference, Lund, Sweden. 2017.