Classrooms across campus have been installed with Lecture Capture systems which typically involve a video camera and multiple microphones to stream and/or record instructional activity in that room. The video cameras have pan, tilt and zoom capability and the audio and video can be used with Zoom and Panopto software. A basic guide to the system at South is provided on this page.
Lecture Capture technology allows the instructor to easily produce recorded lessons for students who are remote and could not attend class. Accessed through the LMS, these class sessions can be reviewed through Zoom or Panopto recordings to assist students with material comprehension and retention.
Click here to download the Vaddio Lecture Capture System Manual.
For Lecture Capture equipment support, please contact:
- Allied Health: Sheila Wesson
- Arts & Sciences: Daniel Miller or Jill Chow
- College of Business: G. Tashbin
- College of Ed/Prof Studies: Scott Pridgen
- College of Engineering: Lance Outerbridge
- School of Computing: Keith Lynn
- College of Nursing: Caleb Howard