Hello and welcome to the University of South Alabama Transfer Center Website!
We are so glad you are considering USA as your transfer destination. South Alabama provides a small college feel, but showcases a full college experience and we want you to connect and be apart of the Jaguar Family here on the beautiful Gulf Coast.
Transferring can be exciting or stressful (or both!) and we are here to make it as seamless as possible. Check out our Transfer Team to address any specific questions you might have regarding your application, the cost of attending USA, scholarships, class advising, and more!
If you have any immediate questions, please call us!
We look forward to meeting you and supporting you in reaching your academic goals.
Upcoming Events we hope to see you at!
March 1st: Transfer Student Showcase 10:30am-2:30pm - Register Today!
March 20th: Virtual Transfer Connections 1:30pm-2:30pm - Register here to receive zoom details to join the mini-conference.
|Semester of Entry
If you prefer to mail in your application, print out the application form, fill it out and mail it to:
USA Office of Admissions
2500 Meisler Hall
390 Student Center Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-0002
The undergraduate application fee of $35.00 is valid for one year. If you have paid an undergraduate application fee within the past year, you may request to update your undergraduate application to a different term. This will help you avoid paying another application processing fee. To request your application be updated, please complete the Change of Entry Term Request Form.
Transfer applicants have attended another college or university after high school graduation and earned 12 credit hours or more.
Required Official Documents: An official transcript from each college or university attended. (If the student has earned less than 30 semester or 40 quarter hours, then an official high school transcript is required. If the student graduated from high school less than five years prior to matriculation at USA or is not at least 23 years of age, then ACT or SAT scores are required in addition to the high school transcript).
Academic Requirements: Minimum cumulative grade-point average of
2.0 is required for unconditional admission (GPA used is that which is computed by USA Admissions). Students must be eligible to re-enroll at the last institution attended.
Applicants who have earned college credits, but fewer than 30 semester hours, must also satisfy freshman admission requirements.
- Activate your JagNet Student Account at southalabama.edu/services/jagnet.
- Login to your JagMail and PAWS (Personal Access Web System) accounts
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for financial aid at fafsa.gov
(FAFSA opens in December). Visit the USA One Stop Financial Resources
page at southalabama.edu/onestop/resources.
- If you plan to live on campus, apply for USA Housing at southalabama.edu/housing and pay deposit.
- Register for Southbound, your New Student Orientation, and pay the fee in your admissions
portal. Visit southalabama.edu/orientation for more information.
- Summer and Fall orientation registration opens in January.
- Spring orientation registration opens in November.
- Submit immunization information and records through the Student Health Web
Portal at https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/studenthealth/immunization.html. Please contact the Student Health Center at 251-460-7151, if you need assistance.
- Request final official transcript(s) be submitted to South, if you have not yet
- Meet with your academic advisor to register for courses in PAWS. Your advisor
will contact you for an appointment after you register for orientation. Some
students may be required to take a placement test.
- Attend your scheduled orientation.
- After semester billing posts to your student account, pay tuition or set up a payment
plan via PAWS. See southalabama.edu/onestop/resources for
- Order your textbooks and other materials for classes as required.
- Submit JagID photo to the Student Center’s Jag Card Office at
southalabama.edu/departments/studentcenter/photosubmission. You will
be notified via JagMail when you can pick up your JagID.
- Join the Admitted Student Facebook Group to start making connections and
receive up-to-date information.
- Visit our campus or check out other opportunities at southalabama.edu/visit.
- Log in to JagSPOT at southalabama.edu/scholarships to:
- Accept all scholarships offered in JagSPOT, if awarded.
- Search and apply for additional USA scholarships in JagSPOT.
- Complete your special programs application in JagSPOT, if you meet the
requirements and desire consideration.
« Early Acceptance Program southalabama.edu/earlyacceptance
« Honors College - southalabama.edu/colleges/honors
- Complete Title IX training to ensure we are working together to keep our campus
a safe environment for everyone. You should receive an email to your JagMail
and should email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- If you plan to have a vehicle or bicycle on campus, register with USA Parking
Services at https://southalabama.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal.
- Review financial and academic deadlines on the academic calendar, southalabama.edu/academiccalendar
- If you’re interested in the Student & Scholar Health Insurance, be sure
to review the health insurance plan information for details at southalabama.
- If you need accommodations, please visit southalabama.edu/sds/ to learn more about the Center for Educational Accessibility & Disability Resources.
- Complete the brief on-line alcohol prevention program, Alcohol eCHECKUP
TO GO, at https://interwork.sdsu.edu/echeckup/usa/alc/coll/index.php?id=USA&hfs=true#main. Your responses will remain confidential.
- Complete the USA Sports Interest Survey, a tool that aids in sports planning and
programming at https://southalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/
- If you are interested in departmental programs (for example, Jaguar Marching
Band), be sure to check the department’s website to learn about the requirements
- Check out our student organizations and ways to get involved. Visit https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/studentactivities/.
The University of South Alabama transfer credit policy is designed to facilitate the transfer of students and their coursework from one college or university to another, assure the maximum utilization of work accomplished at another institution, and encourage students to advance toward graduation in four years.
The University of South Alabama accepts transfer work from regionally accredited post-secondary institutions. Incoming transfer coursework will be evaluated against the University of South Alabama bulletin in effect for the semester and year in which the student enrolls at the University. A University of South Alabama equivalent course, disciplinary elective or general elective will be assigned based on comparability of the course content.
Use our interactive tool, the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to assess which credits may transfer to USA. It is important to keep in mind that the TES is an unofficial course evaluation. USA will make an official determination of transfer credit acceptance after you are admitted to the university and official transcripts for all of your previously completed coursework have been received.
You can also use the Alabama Transfers guides to determine what classes may transfer to USA.
Alabama Community Colleges
The University of South Alabama is a participant in the Reverse Transfer system with the National Student Clearinghouse. Reverse Transfer is for students who transferred to the University of South Alabama from a two-year institution prior to completing an Associate’s degree. The University of South Alabama credits are transferred back to the two-year institution for evaluation and determination of eligibility for an Associate’s degree.
Incoming students consent to the transmission of their University of South Alabama record during the transfer admission application process.
Not all two-year institutions participate in Reverse Transfer; however, many do such as those in the Alabama Community College system. It is solely the responsibility of the two-year institution to evaluate the student’s record and determine the student’s eligibility for the Associate’s degree. Students should contact the two-year institution directly with questions regarding eligibility, award dates, deadlines for receipt of degree, any associated fees, etc.
The University of South Alabama has Reverse Transfer agreements with Bishop State College, Coastal Alabama Community College, Jones College, Lurleen B. Wallace Community College, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Northwest Florida State College and Pensacola State College.
Students who have questions about Reverse Transfer should contact the Office of the Registrar.
"A joint publication of Student Government Association and Division of Student Affairs."
The Mission: "The University of South Alabama, with a global reach and special focus on the Gulf Coast, strives to make a difference in the lives of those it serves through promoting discovery, health, and learning."