About the Student Center
Here at the Student Center we provide space for students, and members of the USA community to study, socialize, eat, host events, attend meetings, and engage in campus life. Our facility provides a home to many vibrant university departments and collaborative spaces for students to connect on campus.
As the center of it all, the Student Center enriches student learning and development and builds community by providing quality programs, services, and facilities that allow students to connect on campus.
The Student Center unifies the South community and inspires Jaguar Pride by providing transformational experiences and developing global citizens.
- Express (verbally and non-verbally) oneself clearly and positively to team, supervisor, and customers.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills.
- Understand the importance of and work to develop professional relationships.
- Develop the ability/skill to quickly and pleasantly assist customers.
- Utilize and/or seek appropriate resources to solve challenging situations with and for customers.
- Provide accurate information to the customers.
- Articulate policies and procedures.
- Exhibit the ability to work effectively with those different from themselves.
- Appropriately challenge the unfair, unjust, or uncivil behavior of other individuals.
- Demonstrate ability to convey respect, sensitivity, and tolerance.
- Work effectively with others to formulate both specific project goals and broad organization goals.
- Employ delegation as a means to involve group members.
- Understand and utilize the skill set of group members to accomplish group goals.
- Understand how to lead with integrity.
- Prioritize commitments and employ time management skills to maintain balance between academic work, extra-curricular activities, personal time, etc.
- Identify personal strengths and areas of improvement.
- Maintain personal health and wellness.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Diagnose problems, generate and choose between multiple solutions, and evaluate outcome.
- Use discretion when dealing with liability, suitability, or matters of confidentiality.
- Take responsibility for decisions.