Winter Break Housing
The residence halls will close for Winter Break on December 15, 2023, at 12:00 PM (noon) and will reopen on January 5, 2024, at 9:00 AM.
Not enrolling for the Spring 2024 semester? Click here for more information!
Fall 2023 residents who are enrolled for Spring 2024 and have a completed 'Academic Year 2023-2024' housing contract are eligible for Break Housing (upon request). Break Housing registration will allow the resident to remain in room throughout Winter Break (December 15, 2023, through January 5, 2024).
Registration on MyUSAHousing opens: November 3, 2023, at 9 AM
Fall residents whose Winter Break plans include remaining on campus or gaining access to their room at any time during the break MUST register for Break Housing by December 1, 2023, @ 11:59 PM to ensure they have access to their residence hall room throughout the Winter Break Housing period and avoid a late registration fee.
Students can register online in their MyUSAHousing portal under the 'Requests' menu.
Card access will cut off at 12:00 PM (noon) on the last day of final exams (Friday, December 15). All residence halls will remain open for residents who have completed Winter Break registration.
There is no charge ($0.00) to remain on campus in your room during the Winter Break as long as your Break Housing registration is completed prior to the deadline (December 1, 2023 @ 11:59 PM) and you remain enrolled for Spring 2024 semester.
All Break Housing requests received AFTER December 1 will be subject to a late registration charge of $100.00. Any applicable charges will be assessed to the student's account (PAWS) after Winter Break.
Any cancellations of the Academic Year 2023-2024 housing contract during the Winter break period or Spring 2024 will subject the student to a $20 per night charge equal to the number of nights of occupancy of Winter Break (not applicable to December graduating students).
- If you withdraw from Spring Semester 2024 classes and/or cancel your Academic Year 2023-2024 housing contract, you will no longer be eligible to remain on campus during the Winter Break Housing period and should be prepared to check-out properly in person, at your Community Office within 48 hours following your withdrawal OR by Friday, December 15, 2023, at 12 PM (noon) —whichever is later— to avoid additional charges.
- Residents do not need to remove their belongings for Winter Break.
- The Fresh Food Company (Dining Hall) will close on December 15, 2023, and will reopen on January 8, 2024, for Spring 2024.
- Meal plans for Spring 2024 will begin on January 5, 2024, starting with lunch and dinner.
- There will be a campus-wide power outage for electrical maintenance scheduled to take place on Friday, December 22, 2023, from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- A student approved for Late Stay or Early Arrival may be subject to temporary relocation.
Current residents may request to stay late after December 15, 2023, if they have an academic/university-related need to remain on campus. Find out more about staying late and how to submit your request.
New residents may request an early arrival for Spring 2024 if they have an academic/university-related need. Find out more about early arrivals and how to submit an early arrival request.