Registering for MRSEF - A STEM Wizard account is required.
We will not accept any physical paperwork for Fair participants.
Deadlines to be aware of:
Teacher/Student Registration in STEM Wizard by December 1, 2023.
Experiment information must be submitted electronically for review to the Office of Compliance by January 31, 2024 through STEM Wizard.
All forms must be submitted through your STEM Wizard Account no later than February 17, 2024.
Each entrant must complete the following:
- Be registered into STEM Wizard by their teacher
- Log in and submit all forms online/complete all steps within STEM Wizard
- Routinely check STEM Wizard for updates from Fair administrators and Teachers for feedback until project is fully approved
- South Alabama Image Release Form - email to Engineering@southalabama.edu
STEM Wizard Information - Setting Up Teacher and Student Accounts
- Teachers must make an account on STEM Wizard site https://mrsef.stemwizard.com/
- Student sets up their own account (no group/team projects allowed)
- Students follow the STEM Wizard link to set up their account (requires a student email and parent email addresses)
- Parents get an email from STEM Wizard to approve student participation
- If a parent does not have an email address, click on your student list in STEM Wizard and look for "Register New Student." You can manually register a student there, using a printed copy of the parent permission form.
Students STEM Wizard Steps:
- Student create an account and get parental approval
- Pick project name and category (we do not allow team projects)
- Answer STEM Wizard survey questions (their responses determine which forms are needed)
- Fill out research plan info (teacher reviews and students revise)
- Get signatures for any "extra" forms (SRC & IRB if required) - Deadline for SRC/IRB submission is January 31st, 2024
- Teacher Approves
- SRC/IRB Approval (If needed)
Once SRC/IRB approved (if required) experimentation can begin
- Write project abstract
- Finish remaining steps in STEM Wizard
- Routinely check STEM Wizard for feedback from teacher and Fair administrator
Failure to follow proper registration or approval procedures will result in disqualification.