Dr. Alexis R. Rockwell
- 2018-2022 Doctor of Philosophy, Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University
- 2016-2018 Master of Science, Criminal Justice, Troy University
- 2012-2016 Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, Troy University
Police Culture; Police Policies; Police Officer Health and Wellness; Police Officer Body-Worn Cameras; Police Use of Force.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Ingram, J.R., Paoline, III, E.A., Rockwell, A.R., & Azimi, A. (2022). Police chief culture: A view from the top. Police Quarterly, online first, 1-29. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/10986111221114332
- Ingram, J.R., Rockwell, A.R., Guerra, C., & Paoline III, E.A. (2021). Occupational culture and officer job satisfaction: An examination of cultural “misfits.” Policing: A Journal of Policy and Practice, online first. https://doi.org/10.1093/police/paab023
- Rockwell, A.R., Bishopp, S.A., & Orrick, E.A. (2021). Do policy and training changes influence patterns of police use of force? An interrupted time-series analysis. Policing: An International Journal, 44(3), 469-482. https://doi.org/10.1108/PIJPSM-07-2020-0128
Articles Under Review
- Padilla, K.E., Rockwell, A.R., & Huff, J. A qualitative exploration of stress in a criminal investigations section.
Journal Articles in Progress
- Smith, W.T., Rockwell, A.R., Padilla, K.E., & Benton, F.R. Military experience, culture, health, and wellness among police chiefs.
- Rockwell, A.R. A mixed-methods examination of body-worn camera policies through various Texas police agency types and sizes
- Harper, M., Wagner, M., Wells, W., & Rockwell, A.R. (2022). Police chief perceptions of officer physical fitness and barriers to better fitness. Technical Report. Submitted January 24. http://www.lemitonline.org/research/documents/Police%20Chief%20Perceptions%20of%20Officer%20Physical%20Fitness%20and%20Barriers%20to%20Better%20Fitness.pdf
- Rockwell, A.R., Wells, W., Watkins, R., & Armstrong, T. (2020). Body-worn cameras in Texas police departments: Utilization and policies in 2020. Technical Report submitted to Senator Royce West, District 23, member of Texas Legislature. Submitted December 01. http://www.lemitonline.org/research/documents/Report%20on%20Body-Worn%20Cameras%20in%20Texas%20Police%20Departments%20-%20Utilization%20and%20Policies%20in%202020.pdf
- Rockwell, A.R., & Ingram, J.R. (2019). Post critical incident seminar FY2019 evaluation report. Final report submitted to The Office of the Texas Governor: Criminal Justice Division. Submitted October 11. http://www.lemitonline.org/research/documents/PCIS_Brief.pdf
Awards and Scholarships
- 2021-2022 Criminal Justice and Criminology Doctoral Scholarship, Sam Houston State University.
- 2020-2021 Rolando V. del Carmen Students’ Endowed Criminal Justice Scholarship.
- 2020-2021 Criminal Justice and Criminology Doctoral Scholarship, Sam Houston State University.
- 2019-2020 Criminal Justice and Criminology Doctoral Scholarship, Sam Houston State University.
- 2018-2019 Criminal Justice and Criminology Doctoral Scholarship, Sam Houston State University.
- Fall 2017 Who’s Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
- Spring 2016 – Fall 2017 Chancellor’s List, Troy University.
- 2016 Alpha Phi Sigma Distinguished Honors Award, Troy University.
- Fall 2015 Chancellor’s List, Troy University.
- 2012 – 2016 Chancellor’s Award Scholarship, Troy University.
- CJ 105 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJ 210 Policing and Society
- CJ 210 Policing and Society