Graduate Job Opportunities
Azura is seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the NOAA Fisheries Office of Sustainable Fisheries and the National Seafood Inspection Laboratory (NSIL).
The Gulf Shellfish Institute (GSI) seeks a qualified and motivated Staff Scientist to support its mission of applied shellfish research.
GSI is a non-profit, scientific research organization based in Palmetto, Florida dedicated to advancing shellfish aquaculture and restoration. This position will be responsible for core scientific activities at GSI as it embarks in a state-wide Initiative to evaluate the efficacy of co-restoration strategies for bivalves and seagrass. This position is open until filled. Application review will begin March 20, 2023.
The Gulf Coast Center for Ecotourism & Sustainability is now hiring field instructors and junior counselors for the Summer 2023 Camp Season!
Gulf Coast Center for Ecotourism & Sustainability Job Descriptions and Application
- Biological Scientist IV (77072667) will work with the FWC federal fisheries section and will be based in Northeast Florida. Chris Sweetman (Christopher.Sweetman@MyFWC.com) is the contact for the Fed Fisheries position.
- The Biological Scientist IV (77072865) will work with the DMFM Analysis and Rule Making Section and will coordinate our regional inshore recreational fisheries management. Last year FWC implemented a new regional management approach that incorporates additional metrics to guide management on a smaller regional scale, making the agency more effective and responsive to local concerns. More information on this new approach and examples of annual fishery reviews can be found here. The successful candidate for this position will coordinate this new management approach and develop annual reviews of the fishery. We are currently expanding this effort to apply this management approach for snook. Interested applicants can reach out to (email@example.com) for additional information.
Osprey Initiative is hiring part-time and full-time field technicians to monitor and maintain several of our trash collection devices in the Mobile, Alabama area. This effort is part of a larger project to investigate methods to remove and reduce trash in our waterways.
NOAA is recruiting candidates for the 2023 Coastal Management Fellowship Program. This program's mission is to provide on-the-job education and training opportunities in coastal resource management and policy for postgraduate students and to provide project assistance to state coastal zone management agencies.
The University of Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology maintains a pool of applicants for temporary instructional positions. Courses may be taught in the following areas: marine birds and mammals, biology of fishes, invertebrate zoology, and short courses in marine biological invasions, marine biodiversity, seaweed biology, ocean acidification and biological illustrations. Information on courses offered is available at oimb.uoregon.edu.
As part of the Rhode Island Sea Grant, URI Department of Marine Affairs, and Graduate School of Oceanography’s Coastal Resources Center (CRC), and in partnership with the Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), the postdoctoral fellow will contribute to studies of the interactions between fisheries and offshore wind development through implementation of an integrated ecosystem assessment (IEA) in the Gulf of Maine.
Postdoctoral Fellow in Fisheries and Energy Social Science Full Announcement
The Corning School of Ocean Studies at Maine Maritime Academy seeks applicants for a permanent, fulltime, Assistant Professor of Coastal Geology or Geological Oceanography.
Assistant Professor of Coastal Geology/Geological Oceanography Full Announcement
The Division of Coastal Sciences in the School of Ocean Science and Engineering (SOSE) at The University of Southern Mississippi invites qualified applicants for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track faculty position in Fisheries Ecology at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level, to begin in Fall 2023, contingent upon the availability of funds.
The Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS) and the School of Marine Science (SMS) at William & Mary announce a faculty cluster initiative associated with a new institutional strategic plan.
The Roberts Lab of Ecosystem Ecology and Biogeochemistry (lumcon.edu/broberts and robertsresearchlab.weebly.com) at the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON) is seeking a postdoctoral research associate to join our interdisciplinary research team.
Coastal Ecosystem Ecology and Biogeochemistry Full Announcement
- Experience in the fields of marine and/or estuarine plant ecology, sediment science, biogeochemistry, environmental science, climate science, and other similar and relevant fields.
- Prior experience with research on blue carbon resources, including seagrasses and wetlands.
- Experience with literature synthesis, organization of large datasets, data quality assurance procedures, data analysis, technical/statistical software packages (e.g. R, GIS, Python, Matlab), environmental modeling, spatial mapping, remote sensing techniques, and their application to environmental science research.
EPA Research Internship Assessing Carbon Sequestration Potential of Coastal Natural Infrastructure Full Announcement
The Mississippi Water Resources Research Institute is seeking to hire a postdoctoral associate in connection with a several grant-funded research projects.
Work at sea searching for marine mammals and sea turtles. Protected Species Observers (PSOs) and PAM Operators (Passive Acoustic Monitoring) are needed for deployment offshore.