- MFA Graphic Design, Louisiana Tech University, 2002
- BFA Graphic Design, University of South Alabama, 1998
Born and raised in Mobile, Alabama, Matt Johnson has been a Professor of Graphic Design at the University of South Alabama for over 16 years and a designer for more than 20. He holds an MFA in Graphic Design from Louisiana Tech University, is an internationally awarded designer, and published children’s book author and illustrator. His experiences in the field, as well as the classroom, make his teaching and creative skills second-to-none. He lives for visual gratification and the ability to create. Matt’s world revolves around visual communication and the satisfaction that comes from a piece of work well done.
- Tools at Work!. Warminster, PA: Marco Products, 2014, Tools at Work!
Awards & Honors
6 Award of Excellence, Apex Awards for Publication Excellence.
2 Gold Awards and 1 Honorable Mention, Hermes Creative Awards.
2 Gold Awards and one published entry, Creativity Annual Awards
Special Merit Award and Special Recognition Award, Light, Space, & Time Gallery
2nd Place, National Movie Art Competition
Runner Up, Creativity Quarterly 44.
Gold Award, Marcom Awards
Top Fifteen Award (8th place in category), Light, Space, & Time Gallery
Finalist, U.S. Book News & Best Books Awards,
Children's Book Published, Marco Products, Inc. Publishers
- ARS 121, Perceptual Drawing I
- ARS 122, Perceptual Drawing II
- ARS 271, Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARS 272 Typography
- ARS 273, Graphic Design Applications
- ARS 290, Special Topics, Drawing for Game Design
- ARS 372, Graphic Design Production
- ARS 373, Graphic Design Identity Systems
- ARS 374, Publication Design
- ARS 375, Digital Graphic Design
- ARS 376, Illustration
- ARS 472, Senior Graphic Design
- ARS 473, Web Design
- ARS 479, Design Business Practices
- ARS 488, Graphic Design Thesis
- ARS 494, Directed Studies
- ARS 496, Professional Studies Internship
- CAS 100, First Yr Experience