Completing the Profile
You’ll need to decide whether to make your profile public or private.
- A public profile, and most information in the profile, can be seen by any employer on Handshake. (Note: There are some Handshake profile components, like GPA, that have their own privacy settings. So you can make your profile public, but your GPA private, for example). Your profile can’t be seen by other students or by Career Development Centers at other schools.
- If you make your profile private, it can only be seen by you and University of South Alabama Handshake Administrators.
- You can switch your privacy status at any time, from private to public or from public
to private under the 'Settings & Privacy' tab.
When completing your profile remember the following:
- You can complete the profile sections individually or upload your resume. Should you upload a resume, you can choose to pull information directly from your resume document into your system profile, including: work experience, extra-curricular activities, and skills. Be sure to check the details to make sure everything is correctly listed in your profile. For information on building and perfecting your resume, visit our Resume Writing page.
- Include your expected graduation month and year since employers may screen on this criteria.
- Importantly, most employers search for candidates based on skill sets, so be sure to add a thorough list of your skills to your profile.
- When adding a profile photo make sure you are professionally dressed and alone in the photograph.
For help getting started, visit Handshake's Support.