Partnering with Career Services
USA Career Services believes that building a strong and supportive relationship with our campus partners is essential to helping our South Alabama Jaguar community. We rely on our Faculty and Staff partners to help spread our message and connect us with students. Explore the content on this page and the tabs to the right to learn more.
Support Students In Their Career Readiness
- Share the importance of reflecting on strengths, interest, and values.
- Talk to your students about transferable skills. You can even mention them in your syllabus!
- Share your personal experience, understanding that the workforce and workplace are constantly evolving.
- Serve as a mentor, coach, or cheerleader as your students navigate college and the transition to the workforce or graduate school.
- Create an assignment for students to make an appointment with a Career Services team member or to attend a Career Services event.
What You Can Do
In addition to sharing your own insights, please refer students to Career Services should they inquire with you about general career or industry-specific questions. We are able to assist students in:
- Clarifying career and academic interests utilizing career assessments
- Planning effective job and internship search strategies
- Developing basic or targeted resumes, cover letters, and reviewing personal statements
- Applying to graduate or professional school
- Preparing for employment interviews
Career Services offers in-class presentations on a variety of topics including an overview of career services, exploring careers and majors, resume building, interviewing techniques, and more. The length and presentation topic may vary depending on the needs of the course. We provide presentations that span the class period and might include an in-class activity, while others may be as brief as a 10-minute reminder about specific resources or upcoming career-related events. Presentations can be tailored to fit the theme of the class meeting. Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss specific requests and how we can support your objectives.
To request a presentation please complete the Faculty Presentation Request Form.