Dr. Debra Chapman
PhD in Instructional Technology, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, August 2013.
M.S. Degree in Computer Information Sciences, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, December 1997.
- B.S. Degree in Secondary Education and Social Studies, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, 1989.
My research interests are focused around STEM-Education and the Recruitment and Retention of Women into STEM fields (primarily computing).
I am currently a member of the ACM U.S. Technology Policy Committee where I serve on the Accessibility Committee.
- Director of Graduate Studies, School of Computing (2017 – Present)
- Associate Dean, School of Computing (2020 – Present)
- Assistant Professor, University of South Alabama (2013 – Present).
- Senior Instructor, University of South Alabama (2006 – 2013).
- Instructor, University of South Alabama (1998 – 2006).
- CIS 110 - Introduction to Computer and Information Sciences
- CIS 115 - Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming
- CIS 120 - Problem Solving and Programming I - Language: Java
- CIS 121 - Problem Solving and Programming II - Language: Java
- CIS 250 - Advanced Computer Applications
- CIS 321 - Data Communication and Networking
- CIS 324 - Database Design and Development - Software: SQL-Server
- CIS 518 – Research Methodologies
- ITE 271 - Introduction to Information Technology
- ITE 272 - Information Technology II
- ITE 285 - Scripting and Windows Programming
- ITE 370 - Advanced Application Development
- ITE 375 – Publishing for the World Wide Web
- ITE 482 – Advanced Web Publishing
- ISC 353 - Information Systems Application Development
- ISC 559 – Application Development